New Mothers Must-Haves
It is very important to plan and be prepared before your delivery date because you never know when will your baby come out. Some babies come out at 7 months. So buy some things before, so that you don’t rush at the last moment.
Important Things for a Baby:-
- Newborn Diapers and wipes.
- Feeding bottle.
- Baby Clothes.
- Baby Socks.
- Baby powder.
- Baby caps.
- Baby Hand gloves.
- Formula milk powder.
- Feeding bottle cleaners.
- Baby Soaps and Shampoo.
- Diaper rash cream.
- Baby massage oil.
- The baby diaper bag.
- Baby Cradle with a soft mattress.
- Diaper disposable bags.
- Baby Bath Tub.
- Mosquito net.
- Baby hairbrush.
- Baby Nail cutter.
- Baby thermometer.
- Rattles and baby toys.
- Diaper changing pads.
Important Things for a Mother:-
- Sanitary pads.
- Loose clothing.
- Head caps or scarfs.
- Feeding pillow.
- Nursing bras and nursing pads.
- Stretch marks cream.
- Breast Pump.
- Baby carrying bag.
- Rocking chair for feeding and swaddling.
- Baby cloth detergent.
- Separate cupboard for baby clothes and other things.
You should be ready with all these things before your delivery date so that you can enjoy yourself with your baby after your delivery instead of searching for what to buy. Because after delivery it’s a very crucial time for both the mother and the newborn, they have to be taken care of. In the case of Normal delivery, it will take at least 40 days to cure completely but in the case of a c-section, it takes almost 3 to 4 months to cure completely. So the mother has to be taken care of by her family at this time period.
Taking complete care at this point in time will help you in your future. You will be healthy and can take care of your child without any hurdles. If the mother is not well, then the baby will also not be well because only a mother can take good care of her baby, so it’s important to stay strong and healthy.
- After delivery either c-section or vaginal delivery, it’s very important for a mother to cover her head and ears with a scarf or cap for 40 days.
- Massaging and bathing the baby every day is necessary. Bath the baby with lukewarm water, not hot or not cold.
- The mother should always be clean and maintain hygiene to protect her baby from any infections or rashes.
- For the first 6 months, the baby should be kept warm, wrapped in a towel or a blanket.
- The mother should have a healthy diet to recover fast and to pass on the nutrients to the baby through breastfeeding
- Every mother faces a big challenge when it comes to bathing a baby. In old traditional methods or in small towns women bathe babies by placing them on their legs. For me, I don’t think this is good because the baby feels very uncomfortable and cries a lot and sometimes the water goes inside their nose, ears, and mouth. The best way to bathe a baby in the bathtub is designed for babies. It is very easy to use and comfortable.
- Always make sure that your baby is comfortable with whatever you do. You should not irritate them or make them feel uncomfortable.
- Massaging the baby every day makes him relaxed and is good for his body. You can use coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil for the best results.
- Maintain hygiene where the baby is placed or else there is a chance he may get an infection.
- Wash baby clothes separately with baby detergents.
- If your taking the baby outside make sure you wrap him in a towel and cover his head and ears.
- If you are feeling weak and not able to get up at night then, you can pump your breastmilk in a feeding bottle and tell your partner to help you at night to feed the baby.