What To Expect?
From 10 Months onwards your baby will be developing his milestones very rapidly. One by one he will learn to stand, walk a little by catching furniture, Walking without any support, and babbling a lot. You must be planning your baby’s first birthday now. You will be happy to hear that on his first birthday, he can eat a little bit of cake and chocolates too. He is a big boy now and will continue to grow into an adult within no time. Time flies very fast. You never knew how all those newborn and toddler memories have gone so fast. Take pictures of every movement of your baby and make an album.
Some of the milestones which your baby will reach from 10-12 months are:-
1. Motor Skills:-
- Can stand on his own from a sitting position.
- Can walk around slowly by holding furniture and later by 12 months he will become an expert in walking.
- Understands simple words.
- Improved hand and eye coordination.
- Can use a spoon and feeding bottle to feed himself.
- Can drop and pick objects very easily with his fingers.
- Your baby can now find hidden objects too.
- Loves to see pictures and images in the books.
- Develops separation anxiety.
- Afraid of loud sounds.
- Can clap his hands.
- Can sit without support.
2. Sleeping Schedule:- Your baby will sleep at night straight for 10 to 12 hours waking up in between for feeds. They may take 2 naps of one to two hours or 2 to 3 hours in the daytime. One nap after breakfast and the other after lunch. Teething, growth spurts, illness, and separation anxiety may cause sleep distractions. If your baby is not feeling well he may wake up crying. Make a routine at sleep time. Bath your baby and brush his teeth after dinner. Clean up his bed, give lots of kisses, read a story, or sing a song and swing your baby in your arms till he sleeps. Make sure there aren’t any pillows, stuffed animals, toys, or any electronic items near your baby when he is asleep. Don’t off all the lights, make sure you have a bed light which is very necessary to keep an eye on your baby when he is sleeping.
3. Feeding:- Your baby eats half to one-fourth cup of solid foods three times a day with 2 snacks in between. Snacks can be finger foods or any fruit. Make sure the snack is light so that the baby feels hungry at the main mealtime. Your baby still needs 30 to 32 ounces of breast milk or formula milk a day. Young age is the best time to introduce new foods and make a habit for your baby to eat everything like fish, bitter guard, beetroot, etc. Many adults and kids don’t like eating these foods because of their taste. If you give it to your baby once a week they will get used to its taste and eat it happily. Check here to know more about what foods to give and a diet chart at this age.
4. Height and Weight:- Congrats, your baby is just like a small kid now. You must be wondering how a tinny little newborn who was not even able to move his hands, head, and legs very freely is now an independent kid who can crawl, walk, sit, and stand all by himself. His weight must have tripled at 12 months of age. Check here to know the exact height and weight of your baby from 10 to 12 months. Keep a regular check on your baby’s weight.
5. Communication and Vision:- Your baby can now point out some things and say a few words which you may not understand except him. He loves to babble a lot and tries to imitate you. He can see all the colors and far away things. He can also see tiny things like ants, dirt, pebbles, etc.
- Since your baby has mastered rolling, crawling, and standing, never leave your baby alone though you are in the next room busy with your stuff.
- Never place your baby on a chair or a bed when you are not with him. You may place him on a chair and go in another to bring something to your baby and he may fall before you come. Everything happens in one minute. So you cannot leave your baby for a minute too.
- Give Vaccinations on time. Your baby might get a fever sometimes so take good care of him and don’t neglect vaccination.
- Encourage your baby to crawl, roll and stand. Massage him regularly and leave him naked or diaper-free for some time. Natural air is the best healer for rashes or any skin problems.
- Keep your baby away from the stairs. They may fall from the stairs and hurt very badly. Lock the gates always.
- Since your baby is trying to learn to stand and walk, they may fall several times, so don’t panic and encourage them to do more.
- Always maintain hygiene at home and keep all dangerous items locked in cupboards.
- Keep a regular check on your baby’s height and weight. Give a healthy and fresh meal every day.
- Always keep baby Vicks, paracetamol drops, saline drops, and a thermometer handy. You should not rush for these things at the last moment.
- When you travel or go outside to a mall or restaurant, make sure you carry all the baby essentials like diapers, wipes, water, snacks, toys, towels, extra clothes, handkerchiefs, bibs, and a feeding bottle.