How To Plan Your Journey With a 1 to 6-Month-old Baby?
You may be excited to travel with your baby and enjoy your family time together to build a strong relationship between you and your family. Your baby will also be excited to see new things around him and tries to explore them. But traveling with a newborn can be a little tiresome and stressful. You have to take advice from your doctor about your traveling and the medications and safety precautions to follow during the vacation with your baby. Doctors usually recommend traveling with your baby between 3 to 6 months of age or when the immune system of the baby is good enough to handle infections like flu, cold and cough, viral infections, and allergies around him. It’s better to keep your journey or vacation short when you are traveling with your baby. Because you may not know if he is going to adjust to that environment or if there are all the facilities available for your baby in those places.
Remember that it takes some time for your baby to adjust to a new environment and a new place. It might be a vacation for us but for a baby, it’s a completely new journey. He may be a little fussy or irritated for the first few days. The change in weather and water can upset his stomach or he may get allergies or rashes. So be prepared with all these. Once he gets used to the place he will feel happy and healthy. Plan your vacation before itself and check for all the medical facilities available in those places where you’re going. You shouldn’t travel or plan a vacation when your baby is sick. This can make him more uncomfortable.
Packing your baby bag:-
When it comes to packing your baby’s stuff we parents get so much worried and try to put everything in the bag which can make your luggage heavier. And it will also be stressful to handle both the luggage and the baby. So make it simple and lightweight. Use luggage bags with wheels for comfort. Always pack your baby’s items in a completely different bag so that it will be easy for you to take out things whenever you want. Don’t mix your clothes with your baby’s clothes or your lotions and creams with your baby’s products. There should be three bags for your baby. One is the Baby carrier in which you can carry your baby on your chest without holding him in your hands. The second is the diaper bag which you can put on your shoulders for immediate use. The third is the luggage bag in which you can pack all the baby products necessary for the vacation.
What should we pack in the diaper bag of a newborn baby:-
- 2 to 3 diapers.
- One packet of Wet wipes.
- Babyface towel.
- Feeding bottles.
- Formula powder.
- Flask for storing warm water.
- 2 to 3 Baby Toys.
- Baby blanket.
- Baby socks and head cap.
- Hand sanitizer.
- 2 pairs of clothes.
- A water bottle and some snacks for you.
- If you are breastfeeding then you might need a nursing blanket too.
- Some basic baby medicines like saline drops, baby Vicks, thermometer, vitamin D drops, and paracetamol drops that your doctor suggested.
- Moisturizer cream and baby diaper rash cream.
- Diaper disposable bags.
- Diaper changing pad.
- Sunscreen lotions if you’re going to a beach or if the weather is very hot outside.
What should we pack in the luggage bag of a newborn baby:-
- Clothes according to how many days you are going to stay outside. Always pack extra clothes though you’re going on vacation only for one week.
- More extra diapers.
- Pack of wet wipes.
- Face and bath towels.
- Extra socks and head caps.
- Baby soap and shampoo.
- Baby massage oil and hair oil.
- Some baby toys.
- A medical kit that contains your bbaby’smedicines and other things like a baby nail cutter, cotton, thermometer, earbuds, etc.
- Bottle washing liquid and brush.
- Baby cloth washing detergent.
- Birth certificate and your baby vaccine file.
- Baby carrier bag.
- Check the weather forecast of the place where you’re going and pack accordingly.
- Baby sweaters if the weather is cold.
- Moisturizer cream and baby diaper rash cream.
- Diaper disposable bags.
- Sunscreen lotions if you’re going to the beach or if the weather is very hot outside.
- Mosquito net or mosquito protection cream.
Traveling By Car:-
If you are traveling in a car for long hours with your newborn baby then you have to note down a few things. You will need some extra space in your car for your baby to lie down on the seat for sleeping, and changing diapers, for you to breastfeed easily, and take out things from your diaper bag very easily. You will need the whole back seat to do all these things. Since newborn babies have to be kept warm you shouldn’t keep the AC on full cold. Babies need some fresh air so open your windows in between the journey. Don’t forget to keep your baby covered from head to toe leaving only the face. Some Babies may feel uncomfortable when you lay them in the car seat. They always want to be in your lap so you have to sleep with them in your lap. Either you can sleep straight on the back seat of the car with your baby on your chest or just push your car seat completely backward and sleep with him on your chest.
Traveling by Flight:-
To travel on a flight you might need your bbaby’spassport and birth certificate. Check with your airlines if they allow newborns to travel. It’s always better to book an extra seat for your newborn. Take advice from your doctor about what precautions and safety measures you can take for your newborn baby during your flight journey. To reduce the sound of the flight during take-off and landing you have to feed the baby. Sucking milk can lower the pressure on their ears. Try to travel on a nonstop flight. Never travel alone. Take help from people around you. It’s better to take a window seat when you are flying with the baby so that you can comfort him by showing him the window and you can turn towards the window and breastfeed.
Traveling By Train:-
A train journey can be comfortable if you book your train tickets before. It’s better to book a sleeper class when you are traveling with babies. In sleeper class, you can lie straight on the seat with your baby and sleep. You can breastfeed too while sleeping in that position. Close your baby’s ears whenever there is a loud sound like when another train is passing by. Carry a baby blanket and a sweater for your baby when you’re traveling at night time. Also, carry a nursing cover to breastfeed your baby train. If you feeding formula make sure you carry the feeding bottles, formula powder, and a flask with warm water for easy and quick preparation of the formula milk. You may need the whole seat for your baby to sleep and for you to relax. Carry some of your baby’s favorite toys to comfort him in the new environment.
- Always keep your baby warm wrapped up in a towel or a blanket.
- Cover his head, ears, hands, and foot all the time.
- Breastfeed or bottle-feed your baby whenever he demands. it
- While breastfeeding you can use a nursing blanket or a nursing pillow.
- Keep your baby away from crowds.
- Take a lightweight and foldable stroller if you want.
- You and your baby should wear comfortable clothes without any bangles, gold items, clothes with stones, and head scarfs with so many pins.
- Use the baby carrier bag whenever you go outside with your baby so that it will be comfortable for both you and your baby.