We all know that babies cry a lot. Because it is the only language they know to communicate with you. They are new to this world and the surrounding environment. So they need time to adjust to the outside world. Till that time they will feel very uncomfortable and fussy. They will feel a bit safe when you are near or with them all the time. They give us a sign to know what they are feeling by changing the crying tone every time. Sometimes it is very loud and unstoppable. And sometimes it’s low and soft. It becomes very challenging for parents to understand their baby’s cry. But there are a few reasons that doctors have found after studying babies very carefully and closely.
Why do babies cry out loud continuously?
- Got hurt by a thing or by their siblings.
- High fever.
- Stuffed nose or runny nose.
- Colic or gas.
- Over tired.
- Feeling very sleepy.
- Very hungry.
- Mosquito or insect bite.
- There is a health issue inside.
- Ear infection.
- Very loud sounds.
- Urgent diaper change.
- Diaper rash.
Why do babies cry very low sometimes?
- They want your attention.
- Feeling uncomfortable.
- Diaper change as soon as they did potty or the diaper has become wetter.
- They have started feeling hungry.
- They want to sleep.
- They need rocking or a swing.
- They are afraid of loneliness.
- They are hurting their face with their sharp nails.
- Feeling hot or cold.
How to calm a crying baby?
- Rock him either on your lap, cradle, or by your hands in a slightly upright position.
- Put her in the swing and move the swing very fast.
- Put them on your shoulder and pat them on their back.
- Change the room.
- Take her in your lap or shoulder and walk around.
- If possible take him outside for a walk.
- Give him toys or other things to see and hold.
- Offer your breastmilk or pacifier.
- Change their diaper.
- Change their clothes.
- Give them a warm bath.
- Talk or sing to them.