We all know that babies cry a lot. Because it is the only language they know to communicate with you. They are new to this world and the surrounding environment. So they need time to adjust to the outside world. Till that time they will feel very uncomfortable and fussy. They will feel a bit safe when you are near or with them all the time. They give us a sign to know what they are feeling by changing the crying tone every time. Sometimes it is very loud and unstoppable. And sometimes it’s low and soft. It becomes very challenging for parents to understand their baby’s cry. But there are a few reasons that doctors have found after studying babies very carefully and closely.
Why do babies cry out loud continuously?
- Got hurt by a thing or by their siblings.
- High fever.
- Stuffed nose or runny nose.
- Colic or gas.
- Over tired.
- Feeling very sleepy.
- Very hungry.
- Mosquito or insect bite.
- There is a health issue inside.
- Ear infection.
- Very loud sounds.
- Urgent diaper change.
- Diaper rash.
During the time of vaccinations also babies cry a lot. That’s why nowadays painless vaccines are available and are also recommended by doctors. They won’t cause any pain, redness, or swelling in the injected area. Fever also may or may not come. Its cost is a little higher than the normal vaccine but it is worth the price. Every parent wants to see their child healthy and happy. No one wants to see their baby crying throughout the day and night in pain.
Why do babies cry very low sometimes?
- They want your attention.
- Feeling uncomfortable.
- Diaper change as soon as they did potty or the diaper has become wetter.
- They have started feeling hungry.
- They want to sleep.
- They need rocking or a swing.
- They are afraid of loneliness.
- They are hurting their face with their sharp nails.
- Feeling hot or cold.
These small cries become very loud if you don’t give attention at the right time to what they are telling to you. Or if you don’t give them what they want. Babies love to be around people. They love to explore new things. When people start playing or talking to them they become busy looking at and trying to understand them. After 2 months of age, they love to grab and play with their toys too. They just want you to be with them always.
How to calm a crying baby?
Calming down or controlling a crying and irritated baby is very difficult. Every baby is different. So you have to try many new tricks to know which trick can calm your baby. I will tell you some of the ways that I used to calm down my two children when they cry continuously.
- Rock him either on your lap, cradle, or by your hands in a slightly upright position.
- Put her in the swing and move the swing very fast.
- Put them on your shoulder and pat them on their back.
- Change the room.
- Take her in your lap or shoulder and walk around.
- If possible take him outside for a walk.
- Give him toys or other things to see and hold.
- Offer your breastmilk or pacifier.
- Change their diaper.
- Change their clothes.
- Give them a warm bath.
- Talk or sing to them.
Sometimes all these tricks may not work and your baby will still cry. If you are really tired after doing all these and don’t understand what to do, then just leave the baby in a safe place like a crib or on the bed. They will cry and cry and then slowly fall asleep or calm down on their own. babies can control their emotions on their own. But don’t forget to check on your baby every 5 to 10 minutes.